TGIF everyone and welcome to Love Fashion | Live Life's Feature Friday! This week I'm spotlighting my talented girlfriend Victoria who is the brains and beauty behind Serum No. 5 and Love, Preview. See what the hype is all about!
1. LFLL: Hi Victoria aka Serum No. 5 aka Love Preview! Lol where to begin with all these brands of yours?! Let’s start with Serum No. 5! I love your custom polishes and I love it even more that there’s a Love Fashion | Live Life POLISH! Teehee. What made you want to start making and selling your own polishes?
Serum/LP: I’ve always had an artsy crafty side and I love how making my own polishes really lets me be creative and colorful when the rest of my life is so staid and lawyerly. I have actually been mixing polishes since I was really young and got back into it the past few years. I forgot how much I loved it, so with my boyfriend’s encouragement I decided to open up shop.
2. LFLL: What makes Serum different from other custom polishes?
Serum/LP: Serum No. 5 is known for its fun and bright glow in the dark polishes and unique glitter combinations, often reflecting the trending colors set forth on the runways. Also, every month a charitable donation is made based on sales. I think it’s great that through my customers and because of them, I’m able to make all these donations and do some good out there.
3. LFLL: What can we expect to see for Serum’s next polishes and where do you find your inspiration?
Serum/LP: I get my inspiration from fashion trends and nature mostly. There’s so many great color combinations that it would be hard to not get inspired. I think 2014 will be about rich, vibrant colors and different textures. I'm especially looking forward to taking duochromes and holographic polishes and putting my own twist on them. I’m definitely known for my glow in the dark polishes, especially Day Glow. I mean a polish that can glow in the shade—let alone the dark—is pretty amazing. So I’m looking forward to expanding my glow in the dark colors as well.
4. LFLL: Ok, so you’ll be selling your polishes at Love, Preview. Can you talk about your vision behind Love, Preview and what it’s all about?
Serum/LP: I recently celebrated Serum’s one year anni a couple months ago and a big part of Serum are the charitable contributions I make. I wanted to do something to celebrate this milestone as well as help support all of the other brands that I’ve met along the way. I figured this would be a great way to bring attention to all of these amazing companies and still be able to continue my passion for helping others by donating the event’s profits to No Kid Hungry.
5. LFLL: How amazing! Will this be an annual event that you host in OC?
Serum/LP: If all goes well, I’d love for this to be a yearly event! It’s a great way to connect with the brands you love, discover some new ones, do a lot of good and have some fun!
SO. The last day to buy tickets online is the 9th at 11:59 pm at www.lovepreview.com/tickets. Tickets can still be purchased at the door for $15. You'll get some goodies from Seven Til Midnight, NAIL IT! Magazine and Planet Beauty.
Thank you to my blogger babes for being a part of this event!
See y'all Sunday at Shark Club!